- 1 kg of flour (500 g of manitoba - 500 g of "00")
- 100 g of fresh brewer's yeast
- 8 egg yolks
- 300 g of sugar
- 200 g of butter
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 350 ml of milk
Among the desserts that cannot be missed in the typical cuisine of Valle Camonica, Spongada stands out. A soft focaccia covered with sugar, it is usually prepared during the Easter period. In recent years, however, it has been cooked all year round , moreover how can you resist it? The recipe is a bit long, but the result is guaranteed and will make both adults and children happy.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk, then add it to melted butter (room temperature) and salt .
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add them to the rest
- Now knead the dough well with a wooden spoon. Once you it has become nice and smooth, put it in a bowl and let it stand for 18 hours with a cloth over it
- After the long wait, divide the dough into small loaves of the size of a closed hand and cut a cross on the top. Leave to rest for another 4-5 hours
- Then you can finally garnish them: egg whites and sugar, milk and sugar or jam and sugar is your choice. Keeping the loaves away from each other, bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
After all this long wait, your labours will be generously repaid: soft, sweet and tasty cakes will make your palate (and friends) cry out with joy. Try them with a slice of salami, a bizarre combination, but that will be a surprise!
The Baths of Boario are the ideal place to indulge in a regenerating holiday, for body and spirit. A health-oriented place for the entire body with over 150 years of experience in the field and in the care of you.