- 400 g of buckwheat flour
- 100 g of white flour
- 200 g of butter
- 250 g of Valtellina cheese
- 150 g of grated cheese
- 200 g of savoy
- 250 g of potatoes
- a clove of garlic and pepper
If you think of Valtellina, you think of its delicious pizzoccheri. Tasty, substantial and rich in tradition, they are the dish par excellence of these places. Buckwheat noodles seasoned with cheese, potatoes, cabbage and lots of butter, so that even thinking about them makes you want them. A story with roots in the past and in the culture of Valtellina, a recipe with humble origins that has its secret in the choice of ingredients.
Now put on your apron and discover the tricks to prepare the perfect pizzoccheri!
- Let's start with the main part: the flour. Mix them together carefully and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2-3 mm, then cut into 5 mm wide strips.
- Separately peel and cut the potatoes and put them in a pan with boiling salted water. After about 2 minutes add the cabbage cut into small pieces.
- After five minutes add the pizzoccheri.
- After about 10 minutes, pour everything into a hot dish and sprinkle the Valtellina cheese over it.
- Finally add the butter melted in a saucepan together with garlic and a sprinkling of pepper.
Summer or winter. Morning or evening. Rain or wind. The Bormio spa is always a good idea to unwind and relax immersed in the views of the Alta Valtellina.
The culture of wellness dating back to the first century BC of the Bagni Vecchi and the largest thermal garden of the Alpi it's in Bagni Nuovi, they are two good reasons to try them both.