- 400 g of potatoes
- 200 g of green beans
- 200 g of Valtellina cheese
- 150 g of butter
- 50 g of onion
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
The Taroz are a typical dish of the Valtellina gastronomic tradition. Good both as an appetiser and as a main course, they are potato purée flavoured with butter and sage. The characteristic name derives from a tool used in the Lombard tradition to cream butter and vegetables. This link with the local culture makes it a unique, tasty and healthy dish. You just have to try it at home in a few minutes. Let's begin!
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in a pan of water together with the green beans
- After cooking, drain the vegetables and mash them to obtain a puree (use a wooden spoon)
- Separately, fry the butter with the onion and the Valtellina cheese
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to the puree. Finally add the fired ingredients
Here is a quick and surprising dish, to let you relive the flavours and sensations of Valtellina at home.
Summer or winter. Morning or evening. Rain or wind. The Bormio spa is always a good idea to unwind and relax immersed in the views of the Alta Valtellina.
The culture of wellness dating back to the first century BC of the Bagni Vecchi and the largest thermal garden of the Alpi it's in Bagni Nuovi, they are two good reasons to try them both.